The following instructions are for existing Social Members who wish to apply for Exhibiting Membership.
Note that all new Members are registered as Social Members. Social Members may apply for Exhibiting Membership by submitting their works for evaluation. Evaluation sessions are conducted twice a year. Refer to the website for details.
Exhibiting Members may participate in all Exhibitions conducted by the Society and are responsible for assisting the Society at all levels during an exhibition, and on some occasions at meetings. They are expected to assist on the committee at some time during their membership.
Exhibiting Membership is $70 per year and Student Exhibiting Membership is $35 year.
Social members wishing to be considered for exhibition status are invited to submit five suitably framed works of quality, at our next exhibiting members’ intake. Details are as follows:
Dates: April and August. Dates will be published in the KAS Newsletter and in the notices section of this website.
Place: Masonic Hall, Cnr of Pacific Hwy and Turramurra Avenue, Turramurra. Parking is available behind the shops.
Time: Delivery of paintings between 9 -10 am and collection of paintings on the same day as arranged at the time of delivery, usually about 12 midday.
The Selection Manager: Daria Hahn Tel: 0402 280 082
Applicants must not send photos of their work before the intake day. This action will compromise the evaluation.
All work must be brought in either by the applicant or by another person authorised by the applicant.
To apply, complete this form: Social Members intake for Exhibition Membership and send to:
The Selection Manager, 1 Highgate Road, Lindfield 2070.
Application forms are also available at the general meetings.
Application forms must be received at least one week before date of intake.
- Applicants must be Financial Social Members of the Society.
- The five works submitted may be of any medium and genre, but no more than two different mediums, works must be of an equally acceptable standard.
- The work must be original and unaided (must not have been done at a workshop or in a class with a teacher)
- We would like to see a cross section of your work. If you wish to present three miniatures but also paint larger works which you may wish to exhibit we would also like to see two larger works. KAS framing criteria applies.
- Ideally all works are to be framed but providing 3 are framed, 2 works may be mounted and covered in cellophane. This rule does not apply to works on stretched canvas which do not require framing. All work must be suitably presented.
- All work must be new work completed within a 12 month period. We need to know how you paint now, not how you painted a few years ago.
- If there are any metal clips on hanging fixtures they must be covered with masking tape to prevent damage to other works.
- No three dimensional work.
- Do not send photos of your work before the intake day.
- You will be advised by mail within a week as to whether you have been accepted as a KAS Exhibiting Member.
- The selectors will be happy to discuss with unsuccessful applicants the reasons tor their non-selection.
- For further information please see Selection Criteria for Exhibitions and Exhibiting Membership.