John Perkins conducted a one day Oils workshop on the 17th September 2016
- John Perkins is a widely recognised traditional oil artist who is most renowned for his marine, streets capes and still life painting. John is a Fellow of the Royal Art Society of NSW and has been a tutor for over 35 years.
- John will bring along a number of images and students can choose which one/s they would like to complete.
- John will guide us through with his clear step by step approach and marvelous demos.
- JOHN PERKINS MATERIAL LIST
Bring whatever oil paints & brushes you already have in your work box.
Artist Quality paints as listed below are recommended.
MID CAD. YELLOW
ALIZARIN CRIMSON or PERMANENT ROSE
AUST. RED GOLD
(These are colours I will be using)
FLATS NO. 4,6,8,10,12
FILBERT NO. 4,6,8
SABLE TYPE NO 3 or 4
CANVAS BOARDS / CANVAS PANELS
Or well prepared Gesso boards
2 20” x 16” … also bring a smaller one if you wish.
It is advisable to have a spare.
LOW ODOUR TURPS/ LIQUIN
EASEL/ RAGS/PALLETTE/METHOD TO TRANSPORT PAINTINGS
Australian Artist – John Perkins FRAS
- John is a widely recognised traditional oil artist who has pursued various subjects, yet is most renowned for his marine, streetscapes & still life paintings.
- Sought after as a demonstrator and Art Judge for exhibitions, he has been a Tutor for over 35 years. A regular at the Mitchell School of Arts Bathurst, Grafton Arts Fest & Combined Art Societies Art in Action. John conducted weekly classes for Drummoyne & Parramatta Art Societies over many years, now working on request.
- John is a Fellow and President of the Royal Art Society of NSW, former President and Life Member of Drummoyne Art Society, Honorary Member of Lane Cove Art Society and Inaugural President of the Combined Art Societies of Sydney. He has been awarded over 70 first prizes and many highly commended awards throughout his career, continuing to exhibit and gain accolades such as the Lloyd Rees, Waterford and Joshua Smith Awards.
You can book this workshop online via this KAS website.
Any inquiries please contact either Anne Carpenter on 0411 034 413 or Thomi Graham on 0408 891 702