Social Members must have their Social Members application passed through Committee at least one month before the date set to present paintings to become an Exhibiting Member. Social Members wishing to be considered for exhibition status are invited to submit five paintings, three suitably framed works of quality at our next new exhibiting member’s intake.
Dates: In the first and third quarter of the year. Dates will be published in the KAS Newsletter.
Place: Masonic Hall, Cnr of Pacific Highway and Turrumurra Avenue, Turrumurra (Parking behind the shops).
Time: Delivery of paintings between 9 – 10 am and collection of paintings on the same day as arranged a time of delivery, usually about 12 midday.
Date for Entry: Completed application forms must be in at least one week before intake.
- Applicants must be Financial Social Members of the Society.
- The five works submitted may be of any medium and genre, but no more than two different mediums, works must be of an equally acceptable standard.
- Three of the paintings must be framed.
- The work must be original and unaided (must not have been done at a workshop or in a class with a teacher).
- We would like to see a cross section of your work. If you wish to present three miniatures but also paint larger works which you may wish to exhibit we would also like to see two larger works. KAS framing criteria applied.
- Ideally all works are to be framed but providing 3 are framed, 2 works maybe mounted and covered in cellophane. This rule does not apply to works on stretched canvas which do not require framing. All work must be suitably presented.
- All work must be new work completed within a 12 month period. We need to know how you paint now, not how you painted a few years ago.
- If there are any metal clips on hanging fixtures they must e covered with masking tape to prevent damage to other works.
- No three dimensional work.
- You will be advised by e-mail within a week as to whether you have been accepted as a KAS Exhibition Member.
- The selectors will be happy to discuss with unsuccessful applicants the reasons for their non-selection.