- Artists must be a financial Exhibiting Members of KAS.
- If an Awards exhibition, the artwork must never have been in any previous exhibition or public viewing.
- If not an Awards exhibition, the artwork must not have been exhibited during the previous 12 months in a KAS exhibition.
Entry Fee and Roster
- Entry fee is $20 per artwork, non-refundable.
- Entry fee for Miniatures is $10 per artwork, non-refundable.
- Each part of a diptych/triptych is counted as one work.
- All artists must do 2 roster shifts. Times must be booked prior to submission of entry form. Any changes must be arranged directly with other members.
Number and Size Limits
- If an Awards exhibition up to FOUR (4) artworks may be submitted.
- If not an Awards exhibition, up to SIX (6) artworks may be submitted.
- Total perimeter of framed artworks must be less than 8 metres.
- To calculate the perimeter of each work, measure around the outside edge including the frame. Add together all the perimeter measurements.
Presentation of Work
- Bare stretched canvases must be painted around all edges. If not, they must be framed.
- The sides of unframed canvases to be at least 30 mm thick.
- Artworks must have a cord ready for hanging with no projections. No screw eyes.
- D-rings must be taped over to prevent scratching other works.
- The back of the artwork must be taped with framing tape (e.g. Kikusui tape) (NOT masking tape) This is to ensure longevity of the work.
- The work should not invite controversy as it will be publicly displayed in a family environment that includes children.
- Artworks must be signed by the Artist.
Identification of Artwork
- A label indicating Name of artist, Title of work, Price, Medium or Awards Category, must be affixed to the back.
Delivery and Collection
- Artwork must be delivered on the delivery date to St Ives shopping Village, near the post office, between 4:00 pm and 5:30 pm.
- Unsold artworks must be collected on the collection date at the same location between 5:00 pm and 6:00 pm.
- These times must be strictly adhered to.
- A $20 fee per day will be charged per artwork not collected at this time.
- Artworks will be selected for hanging based on quality of work and presentation.
- Overweight paintings, wet paintings, or works with poor quality frames will not be hung.
- Any artist whose artwork has not been selected will be telephoned or emailed after the selection process.
- Artworks not selected are required to be collected on the next day between 9:00 am and 11:00 am as there is no space to store uncollected paintings.
- Artworks must be signed out before collection. The selection panel’s decision is final.
- All artworks must be for sale.
- The price of any artwork must not be less than $200.
- Payments for sold paintings, less commission, will be paid by direct deposit (or cheque if requested).
- All sales are subject to 25% commission.
- GST: It is the personal responsibility of the artist to send the appropriate contribution to the Australian Tax Office if required on the sale of an artwork.
- Artworks must be the original unaided work of the artist. Not copied from other work. No photo-reproductions or giclee prints.
Loss or damage
- At all times, the risk of damage, loss or theft remains with the artist and the artist will have no claim against the Ku-ring-gai Art Society in respect of such loss or damage regardless of whether such loss or damages is caused by the breach of any duty of the Ku-ring-gai Art Society.
- The artist agrees to the reproduction of images for promotional purposes or display, or for use by the media.
Sections (Awards Exhibition)
- Artworks to have been completed in the previous 24months.
- Artworks must be entered into the appropriate Awards Section. (9 Categories)
- Miniatures: the image area must not exceed 100 sq. cm. The
- Miniature Awards Category can be in any medium.
- Drawings: would generally have more emphasis on linear elements.
- Printmaking: an artwork that has been manually printed by the artist after creating an image on block, stone, plate or screen.
- Printmaking is not a reproduction.