Your KAS Committee and the St Ives Village Management have agreed to schedule the KAS Spring Exhibit this year in September. (Instead of October)
The July Awards Exhibition.
It is with great regret that the Committee has decided not to go ahead with the July Awards Exhibition in 2020.
After discussing options with St Ives Shopping Village, we would not be able to hold an Evening Awards Ceremony in its normal format to present the awards to the winning members.
The Spring Exhibition
The Spring Exhibition will go ahead. We are able to hold this exhibition earlier this year
The dates for the spring Exhibition are 14 to 27 September, with “bump in” on Sunday 13 September.
So get creative and produce some works for the Spring Exhibition!
The Honourable Paul Fletcher MP normally chooses an image for reproduction on his Christmas Card from our July Awards exhibition. He has indicated that he would still like to select his Christmas Card image from a painting by a KAS Artist this year. This will need to be chosen by the end of July.
If you would like one of your works to be considered for selection for the Christmas card, please follow the procedure set out below.
- Take a good photo of your work and email it to ThomasinGraham@bigpond.com
- Closing date 31st July 2020
- The types of images normally chosen are, either those that reflect something of life in Kuringgai, or that are particularly Australian in flavour.
- Limit of one entry per member
- Artwork must be the original unaided work of the artist. Not copied.
- Artists must be financial exhibiting member of KAS.
- The artwork must never have been exhibited in any previous exhibition.
- The artist agrees to the work being reproduced on the Christmas card.
The winning entrant will receive the prize money usually awarded for this category at the Awards Exhibition, being $250.