This exhibition will be a little different from past exhibitions due to the COVID-19 compliance.
In addition we welcome many newly qualified exhibiting members to this exhibition.
So this is a reminder for all of normal practices and compliance for a KAS Exhibition, and an update for our new Exhibiting Members.
Changes due to COVID-19 Compliance
SPRING EXHIBITION – CHANGED DELIVERY/PICK UP TIMES
DUE TO COVID -19 RESTRICTIONS THERE ARE CHANGES TO DELIVERY TIMES.
Sunday 13th September deliver paintings:
Entrants with surnames A-G 4.00-4.30
H-M 4.30 -5.00
Change of time for Collection of paintings Sunday 27th September
We have brought forward the collection times slightly for the reasons mentioned above.
Surnames A-G 4.30 -5.00
N-Z 5.30 -6.00
Face Masks, Hand Sanitisers and Maintaining 1.5M Social Distancing.
- We suggest that face masks are worn at all times,
- when attending the exhibition and during roster sessions, for your own and other peoples protection.
- Hand Sanitisers
- will be provided for use at the KAS sales desk.
- Please respect the personal distancing rules of 1.5m at all times as this is also a policy of our host, the St Ives Shopping Village.
- St Ives Shopping Village
- Gallery on the Ramps
- Between The Living Room Restaurant and the Post Office.
- Monday 14th September to Sunday 27th September.
- 9 am to 5.30 pm all days except 9 am to 8 pm Thursdays.
- Sunday 13th September.
- At St Ives Shopping Village, Cowan Level, outside of the Post Office.
- Times for drop off: – as noted above.
Collection of Unsold Artworks:
- Sunday 27th September.
- Pick Up times as above.
- Please observe your allocated shift times.
- Preferably arrive 10 minutes before for a hand over from previous shift.
- If feeling unwell, do not attend, call and arrange a replacement.
- Parking around the Shopping Village is timed.
- Open parking is available in surrounding streets, ie Collins Road and Memorial Avenue.
- Shift leaders please make the new Exhibiting Members welcome, and train them on the sales desk process.
- The KAS selection Team will check each submitted Artwork for compliance to KAS conditions.
- If your artwork is not selected to hang, you will be notified by telephone and required to collect it by Monday morning 14th September.
- Total perimeter of framed artworks must be less than 8 metres.
Presentation of Work
- Bare stretched canvases must be painted around all edges. If not, they must be framed.
- The sides of unframed canvases to be at least 30 mm thick.
- Artworks must have a cord ready for hanging with no projections. No screw eyes.
- D-rings must be taped over to prevent scratching other works.
- The back of the artwork must be taped with framing tape (e.g. Kikusui tape) (NOT masking tape) This is to ensure longevity of the work.
- The work should not invite controversy as it will be publicly displayed in a family environment that includes children.
- Artworks must be signed by the Artist.
- A label indicating Name of artist, Title of work, Price, Medium or Awards Category, must be affixed to the back.
- Artworks must be the original unaided work of the artist. Not copied from other work. No photo-reproductions or giclee prints.
Loss or Damage
- .At all times, the risk of damage, loss or theft remains with the artist and the artist will have no claim against the Ku-ring-gai Art Society in respect of such loss or damage regardless of whether such loss or damages is caused by the breach of any duty of the Ku-ring-gai Art Society.
- The artist agrees to the reproduction of images of their Artwork for promotional purposes or display, or for use by the media.
All Conditions of entry to a KAS Exhibition.
- All conditions for entry to a KAS exhibition can be found on the KAS website.
- They are also detailed and agreed to in the KAS On Line Exhibition entry form system.
Has your Artwork Sold?
- Periodically during the exhibition a list of sold artworks will be posted /updated on the KAS website.
- This being personal information, KAS Members will be required to log onto the website to view this listing.
- Periodically means each 2-4 days.
KAS is a Volunteer Run Organisation
- Please remember that the Ku-ring-gai Art Society is a Volunteer Run Organisation.
- All members are encouraged to volunteer to assist in all aspects of the Society’s operations.
- There is a significant workload surrounding the planning, preparation, building and running of an exhibition.
- We are grateful to those members that regularly do volunteer to support our exhibitions and ensure they are the huge success they are.
- THANK YOU!