Learn how to create loose, fresh and abstract florals using wet and juicy watercolours and an old xray!
Georgia’s enthusiasm and passion for art will inspire you to unlock a new level of creativity.
I use Daniel Smith Artist’s Quality watercolours~ please do not get student quality~ you will not get the desired results we are looking for (Winsor & Newton, Holbein, Schmincke, M. Graham okay, but DS preferred). Here are the basics that i feel you should have on your palette to begin.
French Ultramarine Cobalt Blue
Indanthrone Blue Lemon Yellow
Carbazole Violet Alizarin Crimson
Opera Pink Quinacridone Gold
Cad Red Med Neutral Tint
Moonglow Cad Yellow Deep
Pthalo Turquoise Quinacridone Magenta
Raw Umber Transparent Red Oxide
Others to add later if desired: Lavender, Wisteria, Aussie Gold, Green Gold
- An old x-ray film and Stanley knife to create a stencil
- Gatorboard or drawing board to use as a at least big enough to fit a half sheet watercolour paper on it.
- Paper~ Saunders or Arches 300gsm (rough/cold press) or (smooth/hot press for fine detail work).
- Daniel Smith Watercolour Ground in White
- masking tape 1”
- roll paper towels
- sponge one natural and one kitchen variety
- Spray bottle (fine mist)
- Sketch book
- Kneadable or white eraser.
- Compact mirror
- Old toothbrush
- water container (like an ice cream container or similar)
- Brushes~ a range of flats, rounds, a rigger, and a hake. I use Sable and Synthetics for their ability to hold a lot of pigment and come to a fine point~ no hog hair bristles please for watercolour
- Masking fluid, / crepe rubber eraser
- Small sea sponge
Extra notes on the materials list:
I use Daniel Smith Artist’s Quality watercolours~ please do not get student quality~ you will not get the desired results we are looking for (Winsor & Newton, Holbein, Schmincke, M. Graham okay, but DS preferred).
Senior Art Supplies Melbourne will ship art supplies directly to you. Ask for the GEORGIA MANSUR PALETTE and you will get 40% off!
You also can get Daniel Smith locally, just google for your nearest location.
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org website: www.seniorart.com.au
Senior Art Supplies
1310 Malvern Road
Malvern Vic 3144
+61 3 9804 3404
I use the Georgia Mansur Signature Brushes from Rosemary and Co~ the watercolour sets are $200 for 13 brushes and include all you will need. I will have some available for purchase for those interested as well as my single Signature Kolinsky Sable Mops designed by Rosemary and myself in size 10 or 12.
About the Tutor:
Although I am well versed in most media, I have a passion for water media and particularly painting en plein air (outdoors) for the immediate visual feedback and immersion experience. Using all my senses to observe, absorb, and interpret a scene into how it makes me FEEL is what I try to paint~ responding to what I see rather than making a photographic representation
1. Ku-ring-gai Art Society Members only – log in, then book and pay online by credit card or Paypal
- The workshop fee is $65
2. Non Members only – book and pay online by credit card or Paypal
- The workshop fee is $90.
For any enquiries, feedback or suggestions for future tutors, click here to send Prue Finlay an email.
- Location of all workshops: West Lindfield Community Hall, 40 Moore Avenue, West Lindfield.
- Set up is from 9:30. Workshops start promptly at 10am and conclude at 4pm.
- Morning and afternoon tea are provided. Please bring your own lunch, or this can be bought at the local shops.
- Bookings are essential and workshop must be paid for at time of booking. Participants are booked in order of payment. Class sizes are restricted to a maximum of 16.
- There is no refund or credit for a cancellation. If you are unable to attend please check with Prue if there is anyone on the waiting list, or arrange for a friend to attend on your behalf.
- Ku-ring-gai Art Society reserves the right to cancel any workshop if the minimum enrollment is not reached, or there are circumstances beyond their control. When such cases occur, a full refund will be made or a coupon will be issued to use for another workshop.
- If you prefer to work on an easel, please bring your own as we only provide tables and chairs.