In this workshop, we will look at a masterpiece by Leonardo da Vinci –
‘Lady with Ermine’ 1489-90, 54 x 39 cm from the National Museum Krakow, Poland
We will talk about the background, techniques and meaning of this painting, and then, choosing your own medium, we will work on our own masterpiece. You can choose to work with paints (oil or guache), graphite pencils, coloured pencils or pen. Bring only the materials for the medium you prefer.
Want to see some of Kristin’s work? Visit her website: www.kristinhardiman.com.au
Each Student should pick ONE of the below art forms to work in only.
Come prepared with equipment the medium you have chosen.
Bring a visual arts diary to practice techniques
Paints (Oil, gouache)
- White, lemon yellow, cad yellow deep or chrome yellow, cad red or vermillion, crimson, Ultramarine blue, pthalo blue, black (doesn’t matter what type of paint) medium to mix and clean brushes, range of brushes, paint rag
- Canvas or paper
- Range of pencils including F, B, 2B, 4B, Kneaded eraser, Hard eraser, pencil sharpener
- Paper to draw on
- Fixative if possible
- Range of pens including 0.1, 0.3, 0.5, B, a pencil and eraser to do under drawing
- Paper to draw on
- At least a range of 60 good quality pencil shades, eraser, pencil sharpener
- Quality paper to draw on
About the Tutor:
Kristin Hardiman is one of Australia’s leading portrait, equine and seascape artists.
Kristin holds a Diploma Fine Arts and Education from the Alexander Mackie College of Advanced Education (now The University of NSW Art and Design) and has been working as a professional artist and teacher for nearly 30 years.
Kristin is an Exhibiting Member of the Portrait Artists Australia.
Kristin’s work is varied and not limited by media that includes oils, gouache, watercolours, lead and coloured pencil, charcoal, pen and ink.
Kristin has taught full and part time with the Department of Education for over 15 years and tutors in her home studio, Sydney Art School and conducts specialist workshops.
Her website is www.kristinhardiman.com.au, Visit to see some of her incredible work.
Some of her Recent Achievements
Finalist Gallipoli Memorial Prize 2019
Finalist Gallipoli Memorial Prize 2018
Winner ARTEX 2017
Finalist Hornsby Art Prize 2017
Finalist World Polo Championship Art Prize 2017
Finalist Manning Art Prize – Naked and Nude 2017
Finalist Gallipoli Memorial Prize 2017
Finalist Cliftons Art Prize 2016
Finalist Gallipoli Memorial Prize 2016
Finalist Gallipoli Memorial Prize 2015
1. Ku-ring-gai Art Society Members only – log in, then book and pay online by credit card or Paypal
- The workshop fee is $65
2. Non Members only – book and pay online by credit card or Paypal
- The workshop fee is $90.
For any enquiries, feedback or suggestions for future tutors, click here to send Anne Carpenter an email or call on 0411 034 413
- Location of all workshops: West Lindfield Community Hall, 40 Moore Avenue, West Lindfield.
- Set up is from 9 o’clock. Workshops start promptly at 9:30am and conclude at 3:30pm.
- Morning and afternoon tea are provided. Please bring your own lunch, or this can be bought at the local shops.
- Bookings are essential and workshop must be paid for at time of booking. Participants are booked in order of payment. Class sizes are restricted to a maximum of 16.
- There is no refund or credit for a cancellation. If you are unable to attend please check with Anne if there is anyone on the waiting list, or arrange for a friend to attend on your behalf.
- Ku-ring-gai Art Society reserves the right to cancel any workshop if the minimum enrollment is not reached, or there are circumstances beyond their control. When such cases occur, a full refund will be made or a coupon will be issued to use for another workshop.
- If you prefer to work on an easel, please bring your own as we only provide tables and chairs.