Cathy’s love of life, colour, landscape and narrative is evident in her plein air and studio work. There’s a story behind every artwork too.
The full-day workshop on November 19th , will explore expressive landscape painting, working with participants’ own photos and/or plein air or unresolved pieces to create or resolve an artwork with mixed media. Using the morning’s work as inspiration, artists may then continue working in mixed media or use coloured and printed papers alone to create a more abstracted landscape and “loosen up” their art making.
More details to come
About the Tutor:
Award-winning mixed media artist and art educator Cathy Shugg is driven to explore the world through her art. She has painted en plein air on six continents to date, undertaking artist residencies, expeditions and other adventures to challenge and inspire her artmaking.
Cathy’s love of life, colour, landscape and narrative is evident in her plein air and studio work. There’s a story behind every artwork too: her plein air pieces capture personally significant experiences and observations of life and place, and these “moments in time” artworks then inspire further explorations in paint, collage and mixed media in her Bowral studio. Cathy’s art teaching encompasses a similarly broad range of 2D media, techniques and themes.
Cathy is a feature artist and teacher for organisations in Australia and overseas. She exhibits in solo and group shows in Australia and Europe and her art is represented in private and corporate collections in Australia, Europe, the UK and North America.
1. Ku-ring-gai Art Society Members only – log in, then book and pay online by credit card or Paypal
- The workshop fee is $65
2. Non Members only – book and pay online by credit card or Paypal
- The workshop fee is $90.
For any enquiries, feedback or suggestions for future tutors, click here to send Prue Finlay an email.
- Location of all workshops: West Lindfield Community Hall, 40 Moore Avenue, West Lindfield.
- Set up is from 9 o’clock. Workshops start promptly at 9:30am and conclude at 3:30pm.
- Morning and afternoon tea are provided. Please bring your own lunch, or this can be bought at the local shops.
- Bookings are essential and workshop must be paid for at time of booking. Participants are booked in order of payment. Class sizes are restricted to a maximum of 16.
- There is no refund or credit for a cancellation. If you are unable to attend please check with Prue if there is anyone on the waiting list, or arrange for a friend to attend on your behalf.
- Ku-ring-gai Art Society reserves the right to cancel any workshop if the minimum enrollment is not reached, or there are circumstances beyond their control. When such cases occur, a full refund will be made or a coupon will be issued to use for another workshop.
- If you prefer to work on an easel, please bring your own as we only provide tables and chairs.