Learn painting in acrylics in a contemporary impressionist way
Explore our local landscape with vivid colour and bold brushstrokes. Mellissa is known for her colourful contemporary style and the SydneyBushland is one of her favourite subjects. Photographs will be available, but students are encouraged to bring their own that personally inspire.
Bright colours, big brushstrokes, vibrant and fun.
From beginners to more advanced artists.
What we will explore
– Composition using photos when you are not actually in the landscape
– Colour mixing – How bright do you want to go?
– Good painting habits, the basics with materials, and how to actually finish a work.
Materials list will be added.
About the Tutor:
More information on Mellissa Read-Devine to come
1. Ku-ring-gai Art Society Members only – log in, then book and pay online by credit card or Paypal
- The workshop fee is $65
2. Non Members only – book and pay online by credit card or Paypal
- The workshop fee is $90.
For any enquiries, feedback or suggestions for future tutors, click here to send Prue Finlay an email.
- Location of all workshops: West Lindfield Community Hall, 40 Moore Avenue, West Lindfield.
- Set up is from 9 o’clock. Workshops start promptly at 9:30am and conclude at 3:30pm.
- Morning and afternoon tea are provided. Please bring your own lunch, or this can be bought at the local shops.
- Bookings are essential and workshop must be paid for at time of booking. Participants are booked in order of payment. Class sizes are restricted to a maximum of 16.
- There is no refund or credit for a cancellation. If you are unable to attend please check with Prue if there is anyone on the waiting list, or arrange for a friend to attend on your behalf.
- Ku-ring-gai Art Society reserves the right to cancel any workshop if the minimum enrollment is not reached, or there are circumstances beyond their control. When such cases occur, a full refund will be made or a coupon will be issued to use for another workshop.
- If you prefer to work on an easel, please bring your own as we only provide tables and chairs.