Paint Animals in watercolour
This workshop will teach students how to reduce complexity and have the confidence to paint quickly and expressively with fewer brushstrokes, using limited palette, oversimplifying shames and avoiding adding too many details. Learn how to make very basic pencil sketches then paint directly with the brush.
This approach is fun, quick and gives your painting that fresh and spontaneous look, creating atmosphere, regardless of subject.
More details to come
About the Tutor:
Tony is a talented artist/teacher whos focus is on sketching and painting in watercolour.
Tony was born in Croatia. He studied architecture and engineering before moving to New York in 1987, and since 1989 has been living and working as a freelance artist in Sydney. He travels and paints overseas regularly, exhibits and teaches watercolour in Australia, Europe and the USA for intermediate to advanced levels. He was a finalist in the 2019 ‘Adelaide Perry Prize for Drawing’
1. Ku-ring-gai Art Society Members only – log in, then book and pay online by credit card or Paypal
- The workshop fee is $65
2. Non Members only – book and pay online by credit card or Paypal
- The workshop fee is $90.
For any enquiries, feedback or suggestions for future tutors, click here to send Prue Finlay an email.
- Location of all workshops: West Lindfield Community Hall, 40 Moore Avenue, West Lindfield.
- Set up is from 9 o’clock. Workshops start promptly at 9:30am and conclude at 3:30pm.
- Morning and afternoon tea are provided. Please bring your own lunch, or this can be bought at the local shops.
- Bookings are essential and workshop must be paid for at time of booking. Participants are booked in order of payment. Class sizes are restricted to a maximum of 16.
- There is no refund or credit for a cancellation. If you are unable to attend please check with Prue if there is anyone on the waiting list, or arrange for a friend to attend on your behalf.
- Ku-ring-gai Art Society reserves the right to cancel any workshop if the minimum enrollment is not reached, or there are circumstances beyond their control. When such cases occur, a full refund will be made or a coupon will be issued to use for another workshop.
- If you prefer to work on an easel, please bring your own as we only provide tables and chairs.